Position Title: QA Supervisor
Reports To: QA Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assist the QA Manager in managing food quality systems, assist with 3rd party audits, manage the in-house GMP self-inspection program, provide supervision and training to the QA staff under the direction of the QA Manager, and interface with customers at the direction of the QA Manager.
- Work with a diverse customer base to maintain operational procedures that meet or exceed all quality and specification requirements.
- Enforce company policies and procedures including GMP’s, personnel safety, and food safety.
- Stays current with food processing regulations.
- Assist in hiring, training, and overseeing the daily work of the processing QA staff
- Review documentation to verify compliance with production, quality, and regulatory standards per the SQF program.
- Provide oversight to the microbiology program, including environmental testing, sample collection and data entry.
- Organize and maintain sample inventory.
- Provide Certificates of Analysis on a timely basis.
- Maintain QA records.
- Perform Pre-Operational line inspections
- Participate as required in 3rd party food safety audits and maintain the corrective actions register resulting from each audit. Respond to the audit as directed by the QA Manager.
- Maintain effective communications between upper management, other employees, and other individuals involved in the operations of the processing plant.
- Bachelor of Science degree in food science or experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of GMP’s, SOP’s, and HACCP.
- Computer literate including Word and Excel.
- Exhibit attributes that include: Self-starter, highly organized, detail oriented, committed to meticulous follow-through, able to multi-task, consistently applies sound and reliable judgment and integrity.
- Ability to observe, train and enforce quality control standards.
- Ability to work independently using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS: CPR and First Aid certification required. Valid driver’s license.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed in a food processing plant with a high noise level, storage coolers/facilities and in an office environment. Position requires working around processing plant equipment, farm equipment, and transport trucks. Must be physically capable of working extended hours including evenings and weekends (seasonally).