We currently have an opportunity for a Sanitation Lead within our Burlington, WA Processing Division.
The Sanitation Lead is responsible for all activities involved in maintaining the cleanliness and food safe environment of the Processing facility, surrounding area and equipment. Leads, motivates and develops Sanitation staff to achieve outstanding sanitation results.
Primary Responsibilities: Promotes a safe work environment through knowledge of the sanitation program
and commitment to a safe work place for all; implements all GMP and HACCP procedures that relate to cleanliness, food safety and pest control with the facility; and supervises sanitation team to ensure all procedures are followed. Develops and maintains training and development programs that support key performance goals for the Company, as well as provide a satisfying and rewarding work environment for employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience required. Experience and knowledge in food sanitation operations, procedures, chemicals and program standards, preferably in a general food or manufacturing industry.
- A working knowledge of food technology, food science, microbiology or chemistry required.
- Leadership competencies that lead and inspire others – drives for exceptional results.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bi-lingual English/Spanish is helpful.
- Read and understand chemical labels.
- Read and understand HACCP along with FDA and OSHA requirements.
- Must have basic understanding of inventory methods.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including electronically.
- Ability to train, maintain and promote a safe work environment.
This is a full-time position and open immediately. Sakuma Bros. offers a competitive wage and benefit package.
Click here for full job description. Submit resume, cover letter and employment application to: email@example.com or mail to HR Dept. Sakuma Bros. Inc., P.O. Box 427, Burlington, WA 98233 or fax to 360-757-3936.